The club owners executive has held several meetings with the leadership of the LMC concerning the State of the NPFL.
Here are some of the observations:
- FIFA PALLIATIVES TO CLUBS
- The delay in getting the funds was a result of late submission of the club’s bank account details by some clubs
- This resulted in submission of the bank account details by LMC to NFF late and NFF’s subsequent forwarding of same to CBN for disbursements of funds.
- The NFF payment schedule for Clubs is now with CBN and clubs will start getting their funds any moment.
- However, clubs will be getting 50% only of the funds for now because that is what FIFA paid and the balance shall be off set in January 2021 when FIFA releases the balance to NFF.
- The other unions such as SWAN, Players Union etc were paid in full by NFF as their allocation is not as much as that of the clubs put together.
- NPFL 2020/2021 Season.
The LMC explained that part of the reasons for the delay in confirming a commencement date include;
- Most clubs have not completed their documentation for licensing especially the financial guarantee and insurance. The LMC felt it would be unprofessional and shooting ourselves on the foot to go public with details of clubs that are yet and /or have failed to comply. Clubs affected are hereby advised to meet up their obligations.
- The encouraging work ongoing with the renovation and upgrade of infrastructure and a final round of inspection will be undertaken to give everyone a fair chance to use their home ground if qualified to do so.
- The LMC is concluding arrangements with Redstrike for the take off of the production team to cover the NPFL for the NPFL Tv channel and also selling the content to other networks… LMC is convinced that with fans not allowed in to venues to watch games,it is imperative to commence the league with the tv coverage and maximize the opportunity provided to drive subscribers to NPFL TV.
- The NPFL Tv channel platform is already alive though there are several inputs and data needed to be supplied by clubs such as players pictures and profile which are still outstanding.
- LMC is also awaiting other obligations from Redstrike….
In this regard the LMC and Redstrike is planing around two dates to commence the league:
- To commence on Friday 18th December with the Enyimba Game which will be live on NPFL Tv and perhaps other platforms. Rivers Utd to also play on Saturday 19th December which will also be live on npfl tv. This is to enable the two clubs travel for their CAF inter clubs engagements schedule for 22nd/23rd December. Other clubs to play by 20th December.
- The other option being Worked on is to commence on 27th December across board.
- The LMC is expected to make confirmation soonest and then an AGM will be held before the commencement for proper reporting to clubs among other issues.
- The NPFL.tv channel platform is already up and it can also be downloaded via the Google Play and Apple Store .
- Fundamentally, the LMC Informed of the underground misguided effort of some interests in Nigeria football that are doing everything to scare away and or derail Redstrike transaction. They have even written letters to Redstrike threatening them with court action should they invest in NPFL. But, thankfully they are not deterred.