So Augustine Eguaveon took charge of Super Eagles training on Wednesday? The Eagles are scheduled to face Mexico in an international friendly on July 3.
NFF Director technical took charge of training while Gernot Rohr the technical adviser observed. We are all drunk.
EGUAVEON RECENT COACHING HISTORY
1. Failed as Golden Eaglets gaffer in 2003.
2. Coached the Super Eagles as coach to a Golden Bronze at the 2006 Nations Cup.
3. 2011… Eguaveon wobbled and fumbled with the Under 23 national team that had players like Nnamdi Oduamadi in Morroco as Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2012 Olympics in London.
4. 2013 … Augustine Eguaveon took charge of NNL side COD United FC and was sacked again due to poor results.
5. 2014… Augustine Eguaveon was appointed Chief coach of Bendel Insurance and the results are there. Records don’t lie.
6. 2014-2015 …. Augustine Eguaveon pitched tent with Gombe United Fc and left worst than he met them.
7. 2017…. Caretaker chairman of Sunshine Stars FC, Hon Gbenga Elegbeleye invited Augustine Eguaveon to help the Akure team avoid relegation but 46 days after his appointment, Eguaveon was shown the exit door. Although he claimed that he resigned.
8. 2017….. Augustine Eguaveon led NPFL Future stars to the invitational tourney in South Africa and despite putting up a good show from the start, the team still fumbled in the final.
9. 2020…… Augustine Eguaveon left a foreign job to return home as NFF director technical but today, he has been drafted in as caretaker coach of the Super Eagles under the Supervision of Gernot Rohr.
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?