The NFF Disciplinary Committee has returned the two points removed from Niger Tornadoes in the current Nigeria Professional Football League season.
In the matter between Niger Tornadoes FC Vs. Lobi Stars FC in the match played between Niger Tornadoes FC Vs. Lobi Stars FC. The Committee Rules as follows:
1. That the Committee found out that the singular incident of the Centre Referee seen lying down on the floor of the dressing room is not sufficient enough to warrant calling off the match.
2. That the Committee could not substantiate the veracity of the assault on the match officials.
3. That the President of Nigeria Football Referee Association (NRA) who was not at the venue of the match confirmed to the Committee that he instructed the Centre Referee to discontinue the match despite the Match Commissioner’s intervention and assurance that there was no reason for such directive.
4. That the Centre Referee in discharging his functions failed to assert his powers hence without justification complied with an unwarranted directive of the President, Nigeria Football Referee Association (NRA) thereby undermining the authority and powers of the Match Commissioner. Consequently, bringing the game to disrepute.
5. That the Match Assessor without justification instigated the disruption by raising false alarm to the President, Nigeria Football Referee Association (NRA) which eventually resulted in the disruption of the match under review.
6. That the conduct of the Centre Referee leaves much to be desired as he has no regards for constituted authority hence refused to respond to questions put forward to him through telephone call by the (NFF) Disciplinary Committee in respect to the match under review.
In view of the above findings, the Committee decides as follows:
1. The Committee adopts paragraphs (a) and (b) of the League Management Company summary jurisdiction between Niger Tornadoes FC Vs. Lobi Stars FC dated 7th June, 2022 in Matchday 30 fixtures between Niger Tornadoes FC Vs. Lobi Stars FC.
2. From the above findings, the Committee is satisfied that the two (2) points deducted from Niger Tornadoes FC was unjustified and is hereby restored.
3. That the Centre Referee (Imam Malik Umar) is hereby banned from all football related activities for two (2) years.
4. That the Match Assessor (Hussein Kabiru) is hereby banned from all football related activities for one (1) year.
5. That the conduct of the President NRA, (Otunba Tade Azeez) with respect to the role he played in the match under review, fell below his position and the expectation of his office. The Committee hereby reprimands and admonishes him to desist from such further disruptive conducts capable of bringing the game to disrepute.
6. That the above decisions are without prejudice to the right of appeal.
Futbalgalore.com.ng reports, this should serve as a booster to Tornadoes’ hope of beating the drop.